jueves, 16 de febrero de 2017

EXPLORING TPACK, TASK 2

TASK:

After searching different types of information map such as: 
Radial tree
Bubble map
Conceptual Graph
Cognitive map 
Argument map
Topic map
We decided that the best way to represent the information of our work is the mind map because we thought that we could organize the ideas in a hierarchical way and do it more creative due to the fact that we want to represent it in a flowerpot stand.


ROLES:


STAR 1:



Hey there! I’m Aintzane and I am the star this week with my partner Verónica. Our role this week was to explain TPACK , what is, its uses… For explain it in the best way, we have done a mind gap in a flower pot shape, because we are flower power!!

Firstly, I was very nervous because of talking in front of many people, for me it’s too hard and I was moving all the time. We had to repeat it several times with all the groups, so, we were improving and finally I felt more comfortable. My colleagues was listening to us, and it helped me to relax. 

In summary, I liked this post because I consider myself a very creative person so, I have enjoyed a lot preparing this activity! We had a little present to each person, and everybody told us that they loved our work and actually this feeling was very good! I like my team! and I hope we continue working like we are doing! 

REFLEXION:

TPACK is the basis of effective teaching with technologies. It identifies the type of knowledge that teachers need to dominate to apply the TIC in their teaching.
The essential elements of TPACK are, technological, pedagogy and content knowledge. They are not treated individually due to, in separate ways this knowledge is not enough to teach students in correct way and tested by technology.

Teachers need to develop fluency and cognitive flexibly because they must have knowledge about 4 space that are created between this principal concept: 

  • PCK (Pedagogical Content Knowledge) 
  • TCK  (Technological Content Knowledge)
  • TPK (Technological Pedagogical Knowledge) 
  • TPCK (Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge)

TPACK could be useful for us, for the development of capacities as a teacher, essential competence, to refresh knowledge, make a good use of technology.

This concept is very related with our degree because we need to prepare our future pupils for the real world, so it will help us as future teachers lo learn about how to use technologies in a good way. TPACK framework offers several possibilities for a better research in education, helping teachers to work in an effective way. 

  • When teachers have to motivate the students —> MOTIVATION.
  • When students have fights between them —> MEDIATION.
  • When they need personal advices —> ADVISOR. 


With this 3 examples I want to say that TPACK is very important but is not enough to understand the work of a teacher. It complements, facilitates and improves the work of teaching and learning of an effective teacher, BUT without forgetting that the job of a teacher is more important than just teaching a lesson with or without technology.


STAR 2:


Hello, I´m Vero and this week was my turn to be the star.
As I said at my presentation I´m really afraid of speaking in public but I stood for star voluntarily due to the fact that the presentation needed two and I didn´t have to be alone.
After making the presentation, I conclude that is not easy; at first I wasn’t nervous at all, but then, when we started I felt really tense. In addition, I didn´t find the topic really interesting, it was s the first time I heard about TPACK   and for me was difficult to understand.
Furthermore, we, the two stars had to explain the same nine times, one for each group. In my opinion this was the most tiring thing although it also had something positive: now I perfectly know what  TPACK is and how to explain it.
TRANSLATOR:


Hi, my name is Paula Martínez García and this week I am the translator ;)
Here are the key words I considered important: 

  • Feedback: The process where an agent provide information. For example a teacher or parents who help their students or children to understand better the world.
  • Information mapping: The method by which the information is divided in order to facilitate the learning and teaching process. We can read, interpretate and understand better and faster. 
  • Pedagogical knowledge: Is needed to create and optimize the teaching-learning interaction. 
  • Content knowledge: What teachers teach and students are expected to learn.
  • Technological knowledge: Uses of technological tools into the process of learning and teaching.


CURATOR-FARMER:

Hi flower powers! I’m Berta Tornel and this week I have been the curator-farmer of my group. My responsibility was to collect all the webpages that we have used for doing our work.
The activity of this week consisted to explore the TPACK concept, trying to recreate the nature and features of it in an information map and the references are in the following list: 

- www.informationtamers.com, (25 May, 2012), Information map types

- www.tonybuzan.com, (2011), Mind Mapping

- Koehler, M. J., & Mishra, P. (2009). What is technological pedagogical content knowledge? Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 9(1), 60-70.

- Susan Gregory, (6 May, 2009), How to make a Mind Map - The Basics

- Candace M, (April, 2012) TPACK in 3 Minutes


- Educatorstechnology, (October, 2013) This is how to Use TPACK Model to integrate Technology into teaching

I leave here the mind map that I have done to show you all the references that we have used: 



Thanks for reading and see you next week! 



FACILITATOR 





Hello everyone! My name is Rocio Muñoz Verdú. This week I am the facilitator, the boss for this activity. In this task we have learned a lot of about TPACK concept ( “Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge” ) through an information map and also why technology is important in real life. Flowerpowers have created a kind of information map called mind map. The members of my group have completed with effort and motivation a mind map based on a flower because of the name of the group. Flowerpowers have added an original idea which consist on giving flower to other groups because this week is Valentine's Day. 


First of all we met on Monday and we organized all together, this mean that everybody has done a little bit of everything because I think that in this way we help each other better in this activity. 


Moreover, I tried to encourage the member of my group to achieve a good performance in this labor. However, the task of this week has been more complicated than the previous one so we have been a little overwhelmed and stressed, especially the stars. 


Finally, we have achieved a good outcome in the activity thanks to the atmosphere among all of us. From my point of view we are a great team!



ANALYST:

Hello everybody! I am Naomi Méndez García, the analyst of this week. As a good analyst I tried to be as fair as possible and from my point of view we have all worked hard and cooperate really well with each other. All our marks have been nice and this is because we have helped each other while working, in case someone has a problem or did not understood anything everybody in the group was willing to explain it. For now we work well as a group, and everybody cooperate and in addition, they do their role without complaining during the week.


JOURNALIST:


Hello everyone! I’m Paula Martínez Plaza and this week I have been the journalist of Flower Power. 
My responsibility these days has been to collect all the work done and for this I have made a series of pictures.
On Monday, our teacher Linda explained us the second task which has been “Exploring TPACK”. Then, in class, we started to research what was TPACK and how we could make the Information Map. For that exercise, we had to watch a video and also, we had to read some documents. In the afternoon, after buy some materials, we went to Berta’s house to start the task and we were drawing our flower pot, we were cutting the pieces and we were thinking the key concepts to stick them in the right part of the flower. It was a great time! 
On Tuesday, after classes, we went to one cabine available at the Luis Vives Library to continue the TPACK task. First, we finished to answer the questions and also, we had to collect some leaves and little plants, which were on the floor, to perfect the work. Also, we did some tulips to give to the groups and to the teacher like a special gift due to Valentine’s Day.







On Wednesday, we had to show the class our project. Vero and Aintzane, the stars of our group had to explain to the rest of the groups and since every five minutes the groups had to move to the next mural. It was a great experience because of the dynamism of the class, so we can improve our concept of TPACK.









Here you can see some interesting blogs that are useful for us in this task:




starfish98.WordPress.con






OUR OPINIONS:


Spiky teachers:


What we like: they had a very good pronuntation, they made the presentation very funny and fast moving.

Advices: they should explain things more slowly.

Something we have and they not and viceversa: during the presentation they were more relaxed and the TPACK model was well organised. We had a very creative TPACK model. 


Superstars:

From my point of view Superstars have done a great task this week because they have designed a mind map very colorful and creative. In addition they have displayed in a enjoyable way, with examples from real life. 
Nevertheless, their stars have been quite nervous because I think they have learned the contents by heart, so they should study in another way and finally they will keep calm. 
We have not a mind map very understandable but is more original than its mind map.




Spacers 2.0:

-Good things: The poster was very creative and also, they included in their work planets and an astronaut alluding to the name of this subject so we thought it was a very original idea.

-Bad things: The ideas on the mural were a bit mixed.

-Somenthing we have and they not and vice versa: The stars of the group expressed themselves clearly but our mural was better organized.


Fishers in the river:

We love the creativity of the poster, it was very original and visual.
What they have and we haven't was the interaction with the poster while they were explaining. Something we have and they not is that we wrote more things than them in the poster.
Finally, our advice is to speak louder 


Ladies and gentleman:



-Good things: good pronunciation and good level of English. 

-Bad things: the letter is too small and it can´t be easily read from afar. 

-Something we have and they not and vice versa: our mind map is more creative from our point of view but they have expressed their ideas in a more fluid and secure way than us. 



Starfish:

This group did a really well job. They explained things really well but their poster could be a bit more clear. Something they have that our work does not have is they expose their job really secure and confident of themselves doing a great job.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario